How to Do Color Saturation on Mac/ Windows / iPhone/ Android
The normal digital images are just the same as objects in the real life. Though it is a represent of photography existence, you can still add some image effects to turn into attractive artworks. Adjusting color saturation is a method to draw people’s attention frequently. Viewing of that, you can use third party photo editors to do color saturation effect to stand out your images. Moreover, the typical methods is to use Photoshop to saturate images, you can operate on your computer to focus on details. If you are not so serious about the color saturation scales, you can try saturation app on iPhone or Android mobile devices to adjust with fingers easily.
- Definition of Color Saturation
- Photo FilmSim – Analog Stunning Film Effects and Film Grain
- Use Photoshop to Adjust Color Saturation
- Saturate on Mobile Devices (iPhone/ Android)
Color Saturation Definition
The definition of color saturation is the light intensity, which influences the same images into the different feelings. The saturated color is determined by using one wavelength at a high intensity. Saturate color can contrast and sharp objects in the obvious way. It is the further development about the term of hue. Hue means the color itself. Light is consisted mainly hues of by red, green and blue factors. The other different color is all made up of the three basic color elements. Saturation refers the purity of hue. It explains how certain hue will look in certain light conditions.
It is annoying to distinguish color saturation, value, and hue with terms. You can link them with relationships mutually. Value is actually the darkness of the pigment. Or you can use brightness to describe color value. Saturation of color is the depth of the pigment. The deeper color saturation is, the more pigment it has. At last, the basement of pigment is hue. The word color is the combination of the three above terms.
Photo FilmSim – Analog Film Effects and Film Grain in Easiest Way
Photo FilmSim is a stunning analog film editor to rediscover the charming film presets and camera profiles in high quality. In other words, you can use various photography styles to adjust saturation, which can beautifier pictures in higher status.
Photo FilmSim Features
- Get gorgeous analog film presets and camera profiles.
- Use calibration film grain to analog the natural look of films.
- Support to upload JPEG, TIFF and most RAW formats.
- Save to JPEG and TIFF files with different image qualities.
- Preserve high quality of digital photographs with easy operations.
- Send and share photography style files to Facebook, Flick and Twitter to friends.
How to Use Photo FilmSim to Do Saturation
- Download and install Photo FilmSim from iFotosoft.You can use the free version for a try, which will have watermark on your photos. Or to buy and enjoy the high quality photography styles all the time.
- Click “Import” to upload images. It is acceptable to upload and edit images in bulk. If you import wrong photos, tap ”Remove” icon on the lower left corner to delete.
- Analog any photography styles and poses with your mouse. Photo FilmSim has film profile, film color mode and film grain to rediscover stunning film effects.
- Use “Saturation”, “Contrast” and “Special” to adjust images. All of them have four degrees to select. As for saturating color, you can get low saturation, medium low saturation, medium high saturation and high saturation.
- Click “Share” to upload images to social media like Facebook, Flickr and Twitter.You can also send to family or friends via AirDrop, Photosor sending emails.
- Tap “Save” to end the photography styles editing. You can save images asTIFF or JPEG. In addition, Photo FilmSim allows you to adjust image qualities by the progress bar.
Adjust Color Saturation in Photoshop
Photoshop is a gallery to edit images in details. You are able to saturate images color, noise reduction and so on. In this article, you can learn how to make color saturation with Photoshop with ease. The total adjustment of images edit is complex and in free styles. The following part just focus on changing color saturation or hue to lighten or darken a portion of photos.
- Find Enhance to select “Adjust color”, and then you need to choose “Adjust Hue/ Saturation”.
- Create a new layer by clicking “New adjustment layer” to adjust “Hue/ Saturation”.
- Go to Edit drop-down menu, choose Master to adjust colors in seconds.
- You can enter a value or drag the slider to increase or decrease the saturation from -100 to +100.
You can also modify the range of color saturation sliders to adjust the color of skin tone. However, as for some users, it is not necessary to adjust the whole color saturation of objects in images. As a consequence, to solve this problem on saturating color, you can use Photoshop tools to get color saturation effects in specific parts.
- Find the Sponge tool in the Photoshop.
- Choose saturate to intensify color saturation with Photoshop by increasing or decreasing.
- Go to the brush category to select the brush icon.
- Adjust the size of brush in pixels.
- Set the saturation change rate in the text box.
- Drag over the area you want to do color intensity to modify.
Get Color Saturation Effect on Mobile Devices
No matter you use iOS operate system or Android, you can download and install fun photo edit app to adjust color intensity. Furthermore, the Pro HDR color saturate app charges $1.99, while the latter Android apk is free to use. Both of them are worth to saturate.
Pro HDR – Color Saturation App on iPhone
If you want to get easier method to add saturation of color on the iOS device, you should not miss Pro HDR. In addition, this color saturate app requires iOS 6.0 or later. You can use Pro HDR both on iPhone, iPod touch and iPad to simplifier the editing process.
- You can achieve HDR effects automatically after you import images.
- Pro HDR can adjust color saturation scale in smart way.
- Photo library support allows users to edit photos from saved images.
- You can get front and rear camera support, as well as digital zoom, self-timer or other more features to edit photography.
Though Pro HDR aims at making HDR photo effects, you can also saturate images with a tap to adjust. Moreover, the live-updating image adjustment sliders make it possible for amateurs to perfect photos easily.
Color Splurge – Color Saturation Apk for Android
Being the free hue saturation apk, Color Splurge offers more than 30 photo effects for users to apply. Therefore, you can select desaturation and colorize images in high image quality. As for images sources, Color Splurge allows people to upload photos from Facebook, Twitter, Email or Android mobile phones.
- You can colorize, pick color and paint with fingers on your pictures with the color saturation apk.
- Color Splurge offers selective color desaturation for you to edit images.
- If you operate in wrong steps, this color saturation Android allows you to undo changes.
- It is free to zoom in, zoom out or add texts with your Android mobile phones.
You need to run 2.3.3 and later on Android to use the saturate color app for Android freely. With the tools to add grayscale and color effects with your fingers, it is easy and fun to apply color saturation and hue with Color Splurge.